Block DDoS is a provider of data and application security solutions that offers clients on a global level, protection for their business-critical information.
DDoS “distributed denial of service” attacks, are aimed at knocking business-critical data and applications offline, threatening websites, services, and reputations.
Our leading purpose is to protect companies of all sizes from DDoS attacks so that their operations remain online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
With Data Centers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Miami, Florida, plus 12 scrubbing centers around the world, our solutions are designed for the following types of clients:
- Clients that host their data inside one of Block DDoS Data Centers
- On premise at the client’s location
- Inside a hybrid or cloud environment
- Across third party networks
Web Aplication Protection
Block DDoS Web Application Protection is a Layer 7 always-on provision that quickly mitigates any DDoS attack targeting websites and web applications.
How It Works
- Block DDoS’s website and web application protection is provided through a secure reverse proxy located on Block DDoS’s network.
- By using DNS redirection, clients web traffic (HTTP/HTTPS) is rerouted through our network and is ingested at the nearest Block DDoS Point-of-Presence (PoP) where our security-stack actively inspects and mitigates malicious traffic.
- The reverse proxy also obfuscates/masks the origin server’s IP so that attacks cannot directly target backend infrastructure.
- All of this is performed at line-rate to ensure no latency is added to client services.
- In addition, Block DDoS’s CDN increases the speed in which clients can access web content while adding multiple levels of redundancy.
With Block DDoS your entire network is protected by leveraging Block DDoS network’s multi-Terabit scrubbing capacity and high-capacity packet processing capabilities to instantly mitigate the largest, most intricate DDoS attacks.
Block DDoS’s infrastructure protection helps protect all assets on your infrastructure across entire /24 or larger subnets. This service can be configured as an always-on or on-demand service, with flow-based monitoring and support for automatic or manual switchover.
How It Works
- Routing traffic through Block DDoS’s network is as simple as announcing subnets in blocks of /24 or larger via BGP.
- Once traffic is announced through Block DDoS’s network, our security-stack will automatically detect and filter out malicious traffic.
- Outgoing traffic from client services is forwarded as usual without going through Block DDoS’s network, minimizing latency and impact to normal traffic routes.
Clean traffic is delivered back to the client’s infrastructure via redundant GRE tunneling, cross-connect, MPLS, or even through a third party virtual connect service.
Unlike other DDoS Protection and mitigation companies who try to charge you extra for everything and anything, we allow you to announce an unlimited number of subnets at absolutely no additional charge.
IP protection no longer necessitates clients to have their own /24 subnet (Class C). With Block DDoS’s exclusive individual IP infrastructure protection solution, our customers receive a protected IP address from Block DDoS that scrutinizes and filters all incoming traffic.
How It Works
- A redundant, secure two-way GRE tunnel forwards clean traffic to the origin IP and returns outbound traffic to users.
- This stops direct-to-IP attacks and is ideal for more complex services that reverse proxies are unable to protect, such as public clouds (Rack Lodge Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace), custom protocols, gaming servers and SaaS applications with high-traffic, critical non-HTTP assets and low IP counts.
Block DDoS DNS protection mitigates DDoS attacks targeting DNS servers. This always-on service automatically identifies and blocks threats while accelerating DNS responses.
Our dedicated, fully redundant network of globally distributed proxy servers resolves every incoming DNS query speedily and reliably, safeguarding and ensuring that your DNS server is protected from both internal and external attacks.
How It Works
- Block DDoS acts as the authoritative server on behalf of your DNS server, becoming the first destination for all DNS queries.
- Leveraging Anycast technology and redundant caching, our solution performs load balancing across our high-performance, global DDoS Mitigation Network.
- DNS Protection can filter out and absorb all DNS attacks and malicious traffic, including:
- DNS Amplification
- Phantom Domain
- Random Sub-domain
- Look-up Domain
We offer protection for the following attacks:
- TCP SYN+ACK
- TCP FIN
- TCP RESET
- TCP ACK
- TCP ACK+PSH
- TCP Fragment
- DNS Flood
- Reflected ICMP & UDP
- Connection Flood
- Brute Force
- HTTP Flood
- Mixed SYN + UDP
- Ping of Death
- Fragmented ACK
- UDP Flood
- Zero-day DDoS attacks
- As well as other attack